Height plays an important role in the development of personality. Those whose height is short, they want to increase a little more. Lack of length also leads to loss of confidence. People with short stature, especially men, feel less confident.
The height of a person depends mainly depend on the genetic trait of his parents, but it is not necessary that if the height of parents are short then their child will also have a low height.
There is a hormone in the human body called human growth hormone (HGH) which controls height. HGH is produced by the pituitary gland and helps to increase length of bones and also helps to develop cartilage.
Table of Contents
Factors that affects Height of a Person
- Stress: Chronic stress can affect the functional activity of human growth hormone, which can decrease
- Inadequate nutrition: A poor diet and deficiency of certain nutrients, such as protein, can lead to decreased height of a
- Poor bone health: Osteoporosis also can height loss, along with back pain and changes in posture. since this disorder can affect public of any age, but it is most common in older
- Health conditions: Growth hormone deficiency and chronic conditions like cystic fibrosis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, anemia, and inflammatory bowel disease may affect your
- Environmental factors: Some research suggests that exposure to pollutants like cadmium, lead, or PCB (polychlorinated biphenyl) could be linked to decreased height.
What can you do for increase height ?
Many factors contribute to your whole height. It is believed that genetic factors account for 60 to 80 percent of your total height. Certain environmental factors, nutrition and exercise, usually account for the remaining percentage. People usually stop growing taller after going through puberty. This means that as an adult, the chances of increasing height are negligible.
However, there are some things you can do as a teenager to maximize your height development.
1. Eat a balanced diet
Balanced and nutritious food is very important for the proper growth and height of the body. To increase height, you must include these foods in your diet.
Eat protein rich food to increase height. Protein is found in abundance in meat, fish, soybean, groundnut, pulses etc.
To increase the height, take regular intake of mineral salts like calcium, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium. Mineral salts are found in abundance in green vegetables, dry fruits, fruits, curd, buttermilk etc.
It is very important to have a balanced amount of vitamins A, B, C, D and other vitamins in the diet for proper growth and good height of the body. For this, milk, curd, sprouted grains, fruits, vegetables etc. should be consumed regularly.
Being hungry or missing the time of eating has a negative effect on the growth of the body. Divide the whole day’s diet into 3 – 4 parts. This improves the metabolism of the body. There is no accumulation of fat on the body and the chances of increasing height increase.
Vitamin D also promotes bone health. Common sources of vitamin D include tuna, fortified milk and egg yolks. If you’re not getting enough vitamin D in your diet, talk to your doctor about meeting your recommended daily amount.
2. Take a Right amount of sleep
Sometimes skimping on sleep can also affect your height. This is because whenever you sleep, your body releases the hormone HGH and this hormone increases the height of your
body. If you will not get enough sleep, then the secretion of this hormone will not be there in your body and the length of your body will stop.
How much sleep should a person
- Newborn babies up to a month should sleep for 14-17 hours a
- Babies aged 3-11 months should sleep for 12-17
- Children aged 1-2 years should sleep for 11-14
- Young children in the age group of 3-5 years should sleep for 10-13
- Children 6-13 years old should sleep for nine to 11
- Adolescents aged 14-17 should get eight to 10 hours of
- Adults aged 18-64 should get seven to nine hours of
- Adults 65 and older should get seven to eight hours of
Getting extra sleep can also increase HGH production, so go ahead and take a power nap.
3. Do yoga to Increase your Height
Doing yoga may help you to loosen your muscles and lead to increased your body flexibility and better posture, providing the appearance of more height.
According to 2016 study, it is found that yoga increased the bone density of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Yoga also allows the bones to retain calcium, which may strengthen them and allow a person to gain better posture.
As we know that bone loss is one of the leading causes of height loss with age, yoga may prevent height loss in adulthood.
4. Practice good posture
Everyone should practice good posture. This is because, by standing and sitting with good posture, you not only look taller but also protect yourself from neck and back pain.
You can practice of good posture by following step:
- By keeping your shoulders
- By pulling the belly toward the spine
- By avoiding crossing of legs
- By keeping the weight primarily on the balls of the feet
- By letting the arms hang naturally at the sides
5. Drink More water
Try to drink enough water throughout the day. Water removes harmful toxins from your body and improves digestion. Also, it improves the hormonal rate in your body, which has a direct effect on your height.
For overall health, at least eight glasses of water are needed every day. Along with drinking water, you can also consume water-based fruits and vegetables like cucumber and watermelon.
6. Boost your immunity
Due to low immunity power, children and elders fall ill again and again, due to which the growth of the body stops. Due to which we are not able to achieve our fixed [height].
Thank You, If you want to read Post in Hindi Click Here.
Tips for Surviving the Night Shift in Nursing
Night Shift in Nursing: In the demanding world of healthcare, nurses often find themselves navigating the unique challenges of working…
The Impact of Empathy in Human Services
Human Services: Empathy is a critical aspect of the human experience, allowing us to better understand and connect with one…