The English language is used globally, and it is also called the world language. Its proficiency is vital to success in the current globalizing world as this language is used almost worldwide. In India, the British brought the English language, and it is now accepted all over India. English is not a simple language as one word can have multiple meanings. In this post, we will try to explain what about you Hindi means.
What about you (What does Hindi Mean)
[What about you?]
[What about you?]
[what about you?]
[what about you?]
[What do you say?]
How are you doing?
There can be so many meanings because what about you is not used alone. It is used in conversation.
Its meaning depends on that conversational sentence.
Ram met Mohan and told him, “[I got 90% in the exam],” and asked what “about you” means. I got 90% in the exam, and how many of yours.
[I called my friend and said] “I am going to town” and asked what “about you” means. [I am going to town] and what are your plans.
When we meet someone after a long time, How are you – meaning how are you? After that, the person in front says that I am fine. What about you, it means I am fine, how are you doing.
What about you (What does Hindi Mean )
Although, It is an idiom. An idiom is a set of words, which is established by its use. But, Separate words cannot achieve their meaning.
The use of this idiom can be defined in the following parts
To include (someone) about something.
- “I am going for morning march” “[What about you?]”
- “I’m going for a morning tread” “[What about you?]”
- “We hear late-night” “What about Harry?”
- “We’ve been sitting till late at night” “What about Harry?”
To impress/do something about (someone or something).
- [What about the employees who can’t give their passage?]
- [What about employees who can’t own their vehicles?]
- [What about persons who lost their job due to COVID-19?]
- Regarding those who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19.
To suggest what can we do.
- We need to meet about this again. What about tomorrow?
- We need to meet again about this. What about tomorrow?
- When shall we come to your homegrown ?’ ‘What about Sunday sundown?
- When will we come to your house? ‘What about Sunday evening?
When ask someone, someone is asked to say something in response.
- I like biking and trekking. [What about you?] What sports do you want?
- I love biking and trekking. What’s yours? Which sport do you like?
- Everyone else is coming to the picnic. [What about you?]
- Everyone else is coming for a picnic. NS?
To remain used to remind someone about a (special) person or thing.
- What about Deepak? Shouldn’t we ask him too for a Picnic?
- What about a lamp? Shouldn’t we invite him for a picnic too?
- What about our travel tickets?’ ‘Is that all arranged.
- What about our travel tickets? “Is it all settled?
How about you and what about you the difference (Difference between how about you and what about you)
These sentences seem similar in appearance, but there can be a lot of differences between them. Let us understand this with an example.
- I am preparing to go to Shimla this weekend, how about you.
- I am preparing to go to Shimla this vacation. How about you,
- I am arranging to go to Shimla this weekend what about you.
- I am scheduled to go to Shimla this holiday. What about you
The meaning of the first sentence
But, I am scheduled to go to Shimla this weekend. You will go along.
There is a willingness to take it along.
The meaning of the second sentence
I am scheduled to go to Shimla this weekend. What are your plans?
There is no showing any desire to take it along. Only the other’s plan is mother.
Summary what about you
Similarly, We hope that in this post, you have understood the Hindi meaning of what about you.
Let us now try to know its essence.
- What about you can mean a lot.
- It is not used alone. It is used in conversation.
- Its meaning depends on that conversational sentence.
- There is a big difference between how about you and what about you.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please comment.
You can also visit this website to know any other meaning in Hindi.
9 Ideas to Improve the Quality of Life for Seniors
Do you have an elderly loved one whose life you would like to help make better? Small changes can make…
5 Essential Investments for your Elderly Relative
Watching your relatives becoming older and more dependent on outside help can be a difficult process. As health complications become…